Manufacturing/Retail Store Simon Martin Whips & Leathercraft - Devonport, Tasmania.
Simon says "People were sick and tired of cheap overseas imports and I found customers were very happy to pay extra to buy quality Australian made products. If it wasn't for this we wouldn't be in business now. I'm thankful to all of our customers that keep coming back which has allowed us to expand the range of retail products we offer.
The fact we stand 100% behind in whatever we do or sell has helped our business immensely."
Simon began the business focused on manufacturing his own brand of products but the retail store now includes a huge range of products, both imported and Australian made, but still focusing on quality. The store has become a popular tourist destination in Devonport for young and old.
Whips purchased on this website may not be made by Simon unless requested. If you would like Simon to custom make a whip for you then please visit www.whipmaker.com.au. Simon currently has a 14 month wait time for orders.
Andrew was our 1st apprentice in 2008 and had a time away from Devonport before returning to work for us in 2018. Andrew loves making matched pairs of Latigo Stockwhips.…
Simon Head Craftsman/Founder & Manager, Sophie Craftsman & Admin
Simon spends most of his time making custom made kangaroo whips but is also passionate about helping any customers that come into the retail shop. Sophie is a home mum…
Craftsman & Head Saddler
William started his apprenticeship with us in 2010. He is a talented horseman and craftsman. He loves a challenge and if anyone has one of those difficult jobs....he always puts…
Patrick is our jokes man and keeps us laughing all day. Responsible for phone calls, invoicing and sending out all our stock. He has been with us since 2016.
Keegan is the quite one in our team and is desperate to learn whipmaking. Only a casual worker at this stage and is responsible for making our belts. He enjoys…
- For upcoming whipcracking competitions around Australia please visit the AWPA website here....
- We will be at AGFEST 2018 and in craft shed B07....
- Simon will be attending the Australian Whipcracking Championships on the 3rd of April 2018 in Sydney....
- We are sorry that don't have many kangaroo whips forsale at the moment, but we have just been swamped with...
Simon Martin Whips & Leathercraft is pleased to sponsor a number of events around Australia. If your event is focused on young people and promoting Australian culture then please contact us for a sponsorship proposal. Below are associations or events we are pleased to support or have supported in the past.
- Australian Whipcrackers & Plaiters Association
- Novice Whipcracking Deni Ute Muster
- Westside Whipcrackers
- Penola Show
- Tasmanian Campdrafting Inc
- Victorian Whipcracking Championships
- Tasmanian Whipcracking Association
- Giant Steps Disability
- Australian Stockhorse Society
- Gowrie Park Polocross
- Devonport Agricultural Show
- Tasmanian Mountain Cattleman's Association
- Tas Campdrafting
- Burnie Show
- Highcountry Whipcrackers